Answers for Yesterday

>> Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Most did better on the classics than on the others. Here are the few remaining answers for those that missed 'em.

  1. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
  2. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.
  3. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
  4. The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. Again, I was surprised; admittedly, I could have ensured it by naming Mowgli.
  5. The Scarlet Pimpernel by the Baroness Orczy
  6. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, my personal favorite of that talented family.
  7. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (which I would not have figured out myself)
  8. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who thinks of it as a classic.
  9. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I could, of course, said Dorian Gray, but that made it too easy.
  10. "A Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Alan Poe (I know it's a story; sue me)
So, now you know the kinds of classics I favor. Kudos to Roy and The Mother for getting so many of these.

10 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations